Traumatic Brain Damage Facts: Did You Know?
Each year in The United States:
• Approximately 1.5 million Americans sustain Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) ranging from mild to severe
• 51,000 people die from TBI
• 230,000 people are hospitalized due to TBI and survive
• More than 1 million are treated in emergency departments for TBI
• An estimated $56 billion is spent on direct and indirect costs as a result of all TBI
• 80,000 to 90,000 Americans experience onset of long-term disability from TBI
Because a brain injury can cause physical, cognitive and emotional consequences that can affect a person for a lifetime, it is important that Brain Injury is understood and that competent, highly qualified legal help be obtained.